Cambridge English: First, also known as First Certificate in English (FCE), is an upper-intermediate level qualification. It proves you can use everyday written and spoken English for work or study purposes.
WHY TAKE THE EXAM?
1.Show you’re ready for success in the real world.
Cambridge English: First is an upper-intermediate English language exam. You can use it to help you:
- study in English at foundation or pathway level
- work in an English-speaking environment
- live independently in an English-speaking country.
2. Gain real life English skills for work and study.
Cambridge English: First shows you can use everyday written and spoken English for work and study purposes.
- The exam uses real-life situations that are especially designed to help you:
- communicate more effectively
- learn the language skills you need to take the next step to success.
What level is Cambridge English: First?
Cambridge English: First is set at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Reaching this level means you can:
- understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing.
- keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- produce clear, detailed writing, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.
Preparing for Cambridge English: First will give you these kinds of practical language skills.