Cambridge English: Flyers, also known as Young Learners English: Flyers, is the next step of a child’s language learning journey, after taking Cambridge English: Movers. It is a great way to show children can deal with everyday written and spoken English at a basic level.
Cambridge English: Flyers is the highest level of three fun, motivating Cambridge English: Young Learners tests, aimed at children in primary and lower secondary education.
WHY TAKE THE TEST?
1. Improve Children’s English one step at a time
Cambridge English: Flyers is aimed at children in primary and lower secondary education and is designed to give them the confidence to improve even further in English.
Cambridge English: Flyers is the highest of the three Cambridge English: Young Learners tests. Once children have taken Cambridge English: Flyers, they can begin to aim for the next test:
These exams lead to certificates that are internationally accepted for study and work purposes.
2. Give Children the confidence they need in English
Cambridge English: Flyers is designed to motivate children and give them lots of confidence to use their English. The test:
- is based on familiar topics and situations
- develops the skills children need to communicate in English.
As children develop in confidence, they will be motivated to learn more Englishand use it at a more challenging level.
What level is Cambridge English: Flyers?
The Cambridge English: Flyers test is set at Level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). At this level children can:
- understand simple written English
- communicate in familiar situations
- understand short notices and simple spoken directions
- understand and use basic phrases and expressions
- introduce themselves and answer basic questions about their personal details
- interact with English speakers who talk slowly and clearly
- write short, simple notes
The test covers all four language skills – listening, speaking, and reading and writing.