Cambridge English: Movers, also known as Young Learners English: Movers, isthe next step in a child’s language learning journey, after taking Cambridge English: Starters. It is a great way to help children build on their language skills andmake further progress in English.
WHY TAKE THE TEST?
1. Improve Children’s English one step at a time.
Cambridge English: Movers is aimed at children in primary and lower secondary education, and is designed to help develop confidence in English as children build on their language skills.
Cambridge English: Movers is the second of the three Cambridge English: Young Learners tests. As children gain in confidence and ability, they can continue toimprove their English step by step, by moving on to Cambridge English: Flyersor Cambridge English: Key for Schools.
2. Give children the confidence they need in English
Cambridge English: Movers is designed to motivate children and give them lots of confidence to use their English. The test:
- is based on familiar topics and situations
- develops the skills they need to communicate in English.
As children develop in confidence, they will be motivated to learn more Englishand use it at a higher level.
What level is Cambridge English: Movers?
The Cambridge English: Movers test is set at Level A1 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). At this level, you can expect a child to:
- understand basic instructions or take part in a basic factual conversation on a predictable topic
- understand basic notices, instructions or information
- complete basic forms and write notes, including times, dates and places.
The test covers all four language skills – listening, speaking, and reading and writing.
3. Open up a world f possibilities
Cambridge English: Movers is the second step towards learning practical, real-life English language skills that will help children:
- use the internet and other media in English
- enjoy books, songs, television and films in English
- make friends globally
- use English as the common international language
- get ready for future study and work success.